Managing Shoulder Pain
Improper lifting, repetitive movements,overuse,sports injuries and even carrying a bag on your shoulder can cause pain in this joint.
Tips to managing shoulder pain
- Where there is significant pain, swelling and bruising seek medical attention.
- Apply RICE treatment principles of rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- Applying hot and cold therapy over the shoulder may reduce pain.
- Avoid carrying weights above the shoulder for extended periods.
- Rest for good periods of time when doing repetitive shoulder motions.
Learn about lifting properly, especially above shoulder height.