Managing Lower Back Pain
Lower pain is also referred to as lumbago and 80% of people will experience lower back pain at some stage in their life. Poor Posture, improper lifting, lack of exercise, fractures or ruptured discs are just some of the common causes. It mostly concerns the nerves, muscles and bones of the back or spine. Pain can vary from a constant ache to a sharp impinging pain.
Tips to managing lower back pain
- Apply RICE treatment principles to a new lower back strain.
- For ongoing pain in lower back, see a doctor who will typically prescribe a medical treatment,
- over the counter pain relief, anti-inflammatory in conjunction with a physical therapy program.
- Keeping a strong core will assist in taking pressure off the lower back.
- Consult a Chiropractor, Physiotherapist or Osteopath to determine the best course of treatment for your individual circumstances.