Managing Knee Pain
factors. Whether its' overuse, cartilage degeneration, bio-mechanical flaws, stretched ligaments or surrounding muscle strains, there are multiple factors than can influence knee pain. In general some pain management principles may assist in giving comfort.
Tips to managing knee pain
- Where there is significant pain, swelling and bruising seek medical attention.
- Apply RICE treatment principles of rest, ice,compression and elevation.
- Low impact and aquatic therapy may help to alleviate mild pain.
- Contrast hot and cold therapy over the knee may assist in reducing pain.
- Reduce inflammation and relieve pain by resting and applying ice to the knee.